Monday, September 19, 2011

Sewing, Baking and Making - School Holidays are HERE

WOW! So much to tell you all! I haven't been blogging for a little while as I have been busy making, making, making.

Some of these things have been for fun, some for work and some for the wedding.

I can't wait to show you all!

I have turned my son's drawing into a mini quilt, dressed up a singlet for my daughter, made the first steps in a collaborative project with another awesome creator and maker (it's a wedding project so all will be told a little later).

I have also spent today playing with fimo and clay for yet another wedding project! The kids have had fun with the excess clay too!


I had been chatting to a friend and fellow maker of awesomeness about the handmade side of weddings (she also handmade as much as she could and commissioned other items for her wedding recently). I really want to blog about and show everything I have been doing and making and even pop up tutorials. After speaking to my lovely friend she raised a valid point - she also had been doing so, creating and blogging etc and a special member of her family said they would be disappointed to see things before the wedding and that it may ruin the surprise. Also perhaps it may disappoint those who have visualise the end result in their heads and the reality doesn't meet it - we all know those peeps and unfortunately weddings seem to bring out their bolder side. So keep tuned in as I have been compiling info on my wedding makery and taking photos so I can blog shortly after the wed wed.

It's also the first day of September school holidays here and the kids and I are going to bake our own muesli bars and other snacks for morning and afternoon teas. We're just about to head out to the shops to get the ingredients we need and don't already have.

I stumbled across this piece of awesome today ... GALAXY PLAYDOUGH ... this will definitely be on our list of holiday things this week!



Full list of what to do andmore photos can be found at the original source Fairy Dust Teaching
Let me know if you try it and what cool things your kids make!

No comments: